Sunday, June 19, 2011

THE CRY OF THE NEEDY

My unfulfilled wishes, shattered dreams
Have the right to know
Why didn’t they materialize?
Why still craving for jobs, even if
Nation progressive in leaps and bounds!

Why my hunger, my thirst
Not yet quenched? Even if
Putrescent grains in stocks prevalent,
Even though countless dams built,
Why my crops still lifeless?


We have the right to know
Why are there no roads?
Neither power nor post-offices, why
Need to adhere to our legs and stamina?
As though we’ve no rights!

Why alone we face the nature’s fury
While, nation watching dumbstruck!
Our kids do wish to be literate
Why my ailing mother’s wailing
And no trace of hospitals!

My vote, my breath, my pulse
Have the right to know
In spite of such big promises
Why aren’t we even thought about
Aren’t we humans or if don’t exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment